My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 2 The tweaking process

ok, so yesterday I was programmed, and I still had a pretty good tremor, and a twitchy right leg. To be expected. Can't be perfect right off the bat.

So, today was a pretty decent day. Despite my homesickness and my many tears shed today, I am able to look at this day as a milestone for my rehabilitation. This morning, I played the wii for occupational therapy - fun fun! And now that I am not so stiff, waaaaaaaay more enjoyable! of course, I couldn't beat Gregs high score in bowling....don't know who the heck Greg is, but his high score is going down! Gotta leave my mark, and next time, I will be Angela and not Brittany! lol

My physical therapy was fun. We went outside today and stepped up and down on park benches. Then a group of small children with 2 caregivers came to our area and ate chips and ran in circles...so fun to watch - I really really miss being mom. Then Mike, one of my PT's ran with me acrossed the street. Not too far, but so good to be mobile. Then I rode bike for 10 min,

After that, I came up to my room and was tweaked! My tremor - gone. My right leg, less jittery, and I'm not so sure it is jerking cuz of habit or the parkyness...hard to tell. But at any rate I am alot more calm when I sit. And I never did get stiff today and I am off requip. Feeling really good cuz I am not tired, or nauseous...both big time bonuses!

My afternoon PT was great. I walked on treadmill 2.5 mph for 15 minutes without cramping! YIPPEE! Then we did some tricky yoga typ superstar exercises...fun times at the pt gym...

 Bethany making sure it is safe....



 mike showing off the running man



 and there I am, doing the SUPERSTAR stance....now all I need is my cape!!

Can't wait to get home to my family and put all of my new found mobility to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment