My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

update

Well, it's been awhile. Thought I would give an update. Matt and I did run the race in North Carolina with our cousins/friends Jerica and Kevin. We had lots of fun doing it and yes I even finished. Time was NOT what I would call good, but, i finished and that really is all that matters.

We then had our vacation in Myrtle Beach where I officially turned 40. I woke up at 5:30 am. strapped on my running shoes and ran on the ocean just like I had dreamed of doing. It was a miraculous experience!

Everything has been great. I did however go back on meds for stiffness. I realized that if I wanted to live normally, hang around the house and chill with the kids, no meds works just fine. But with my stubborness to not give up running races and training, and being on the go chasing 4 kids, I was unable to accomplish what I need to so we are on Amantadine. It seems to be helping with stiffness and balance issues. I was alittle bummed that I needed to go back on something, but I am not looking at this as a failed mission. I am sooo much better off than I was, this is just helping me be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment