My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Runner's High...

Well today is the first day in my getting back into shape that I ran 3 miles. YAY me! As I was running I was able to think about alot of things - yep a whole lot of things since I have developed this annoying habit of running slow!

This year has been a slow start for me. Since our accident in December, I have been so unmotivated to do much of anything. Since my PT for my knee ended, I have been running atleast twice a week with Marisa and am starting to feel my self worth again!.

I am a little embarrassed at my speed, and the fact that I get such bad cramping in my feet I look like a drunk monkey trying to walk in a staight line! But then I got to thinking about being a 38 year old with Parkinson's and I think wow God is Amazing! He truly is. I am so blessed to be me. With all of the things in my life that could and maybe should keep me down and out, he lifts me up several times a day, dusts me off, and gently guides me to my next challenge where he is waiting patiently and cheering me on. I cannot imagine going thru life without him. Parkinson's or not, he is the only reason I am able to face my Giants on a daily basis.

This is me...


This is me on GOD...

ANY QUESTIONS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment