My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My aha moment...

Yesterday I was given the oportunity to share my story with the Mutual of Ohmaha - My aha moment tour. It was such a great experience. I have truly been blessed through this obstacle in my life. Six years ago I was given devestating news - I had Parkinson's Disease. My next few (long) months were a blur and I'm sure came with a pity party. But after diving into God's word and having many tearful prayer sessions, I became to realize that I have the strength to endure through him. Since then, I have been blessed with two more children. I have been able to run and, with my hubby, have started a non profit called Running for Parkinson's. We have been to Washington to advocate our cause, and now I have been given this unique opportunity to share my story.

My goal has always been to never lay down, to be out there living life to show that life doesn't end after a PD dx. My life isn't what I thought it was going to be, but in so many ways it has been more than I ever dreamed it could be. I say it now and always - GOD is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment