My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Beginning of a new chapter

As everyone who knows me knows I was dx with Parkinson's disease almost 7 yrs ago at the young age off 33. In these past 7 years it has been full of many many blessings, and some down right sad, hard to take disappointments. I have gained many wonderful relationships with amazing people, a wonderful closeness with my Lord, and two more wonderfully made children. I have also realized what I've always known, God has blessed me with the most amazing husband.

In these past 7 years, I have watched many things leave my life, my job I loved and worked hard to achieve, my ability to run without cramping, can only play my violin for a short time before I can no longer hold it comfortably. My house is always in shambles, and my memory is spent.

On Monday, we are headed to Pittsburgh for a wonderful exciting adventure! I have been blessed with  the opportunity to have DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) Surgery. While this is not a 'cure' it is an opportunity to possible get ANGIE back, or close to it! I am excited and I know that my Lord and Savior is in control. Those who wait upon the Lord Shall renew their strength - they shall rise up with wings as eagles...they shall RUN and NOT BE WEARY....I am truly truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment