My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PT Superstar!


Hahaha....today was a good day. I am feeling less like the wounded zombie woman and more like that girl that has to be the BEST at everything! I woke up this morning and went to Occupational therapy, then speech therapy (which I passed with FLYING COLORS), then to Physical therapy. One of my therapists is actually from ERIE! go figure!

So, after PT, I came back to my room, visited with my great friends Greg and Brenda, ate lunch and the yummy shake they brought me - can u say mooooooooo...- skyped with my awesome family, and took a nap. when  I woke up I got to talk to the person who will be programmimg me. She told me that I can still do my magnets! yippee....So Magnaracco incorporated - BACK ON!

So, anyways, I went back to PT, walked on treadmill for 15 min, did some walking evaluations, then the awesome SUPERSTAR big step yoga exercise. That was fun. and I didn't even fall - yay....So, all in all it's been a good day. Programming is tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment