My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 1 of programming

Well, it is finally here. I spent a couple hours this morning being programmed. I feel pretty good. I can definitely type alot faster and easier, which is the awesomest! I am not stiff and my tremors are minimal. My right leg is still alittle jittery, but who cares! They are taking me off requip and adjusting from there. I did get my foot dystonia after 13 minutes on treadmill, but I had absolutely no meds in me, just turned on the stimulator. So, i'm hoping that with a few more tweaks, that will disappear.

I am having fun in physical therapy. It is only a half hour or so, but i get to pretend that I am an athlete again....such a great feeling. I cannot wait until I am able to run again. If this all works out the way I hope....Runner's world, here i come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment