My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Monday, May 28, 2012

My first week home after 'power up'

Well, I have been home for 1 week and it has been amazing! It feels so great to be able to move at will and to sit still at will! I am so very grateful! I am sleeping through the night, so I no longer am so tired I can't keep my eyes open during the day! I can get my housework done in a few hours as opposed to the ALL DAY  it took be4...I'd take meds, wait for sickness and tiredness tp subside, then I'd clean alittle, take more meds and start the routine again - 4x a day. Now, I wake up, clean the house, done by 9. And on Friday I was able to sit outside while the kids swam in their pool,while I read a book... I cannot remember the last time I did that! Life is great - I got a second chance and I think I will cherish all of the things I can do now that I haven't been able to do these past 7 yrsl                                                                      ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that DBS worked for you, Angela. I wish you all the best. Hugs from your buddy, YumaBev
    PS. Guess you can do more than just Shake & Bake now!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete