My Journey

Welcome to my page. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease 4 1/2 years ago (just before my 33 birthday). This past year, a group of my friends, family, and I ran in an endurance run to raise funds towards awareness and finding a cure for this neurological disorder. This year, we would love to organize a race soley for this purpose. I will share my story as I try to run, and give you details on how our racing plans are going. Thanks for sharing my journey with me:o)

Monday, May 14, 2012

Rehab

Today I had the second surgery for the DBS. I think this hurt worse than the first one! Stinks when you have an incision in just the right spot that moving your arms anywhere results in pain. But anyways, tomorrow I start my rehab, then wednesday I will get programmed. I seriously cannot wait. She is going to take me off of requip first. Thank goodness. I don't think I'll miss it - lol.

The worst part about this whole thing is I am 2 hours away from my kids and wonderful hubby for a week. I'm gonna miss all the activity and the noisiness that can only b found in a crazy happy house filled with 4 children.

Most of all I miss my love. He has been such a blessing. God truly blessed me and the kids when he gave us Matt. <3

2 comments:

  1. Love you tons. You are an inspiration, girl. The good Lord has given you amazing strength and a wonderful husband to support you. Wish I could be there with you but know that you are loved and prayed for.
    Love you,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that I am watching your progress and praying for you at all times! Keep postting your progress! My love to you and your family. I am so proud of you and Matt!
    Love,
    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete